Haritos Kavallos, B.CompSc., M.A., GCBA, MISt (candidate)
Academic professional, educator, designer, and developer pursuing graduate studies in information studies and working in education management.
Languages known fluently:
English, French & Greek
- Able to communicate information clearly and in a manner that takes into consideration the audience being addressed.
- Organized and well prepared to handle challenges in both academia and work.
- High level of personal integrity and confidence in both oneself and others.
- Reliable and dependable when it comes to working in teams and supporting teammates through positive reinforcement.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to successfully take on a leadership role whenever the need arises.
- McGill University, School of Information Studies (2017-2020)
Major: Library Studies, Information & Communication Technology
Master of Information Studies
- Concordia University, John Molson School of Business (2015-2017)
Major: Business Administration
- Concordia University (2012-2015)
Major: Education – Educational Technology
Master of Arts (Final GPA: 3.94)
- Concordia University (2008-2011)
Major: Computer Science – Software Systems
Bachelor’s Computer Science (Final GPA: 3.55)
- Vanier College (2004-2008)
Major: Computer Science Technology
Current & Past Employment
- Vanier College (August 2016-Present)
Coordinator, Learning Commons
Faculty of General Education, Pedagogical Support and Innovation, and Learning Commons
Responsible for the planning, the organization, the coordination, the supervision and the evaluation of all activities of the sector which includes three sub-units: the library, the Tutoring and Academic Success Centre (TASC) and the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Centre.
- Vanier College (August 2012-July 2016)
Coordinator/Pedagogical Professional, Mathematics & Science Centre
Faculty of Science and General Studies
I was responsible for developing and administering the tutoring and enrichment programs of the Centre and helping students improve their skills in mathematics and science. My responsibilities also included designing, developing and implementing educational programs and materials that extend learning beyond the classroom.
- Concordia University (January 2016-April 2016)
Faculty of Arts and Science, Department of Education
My responsibilities included overseeing the lab as a demonstrator, grading assignments & on some occasions, assisting in preparing and grading course assignments.
- Concordia University (November 2012-June 2013)
Responsible for planning and teaching courses at the undergraduate level for the Faculty of Engineering & Computer Science. Previous experience includes teaching Introduction to Web Programming in winter 2013.
- Tutor With Me, Inc. (March 2011-January 2013)
Co-Founder & Chief Operations Officer
I was responsible for overseeing all daily operations, strategic plans and product milestones. I also worked on the legal aspects and development of the product back-end.
- Concordia University (August 2010-December 2012)
Teaching Assistant, Marker & Occasional Course Instructor
Faculty of Engineering & Computer Science, Department of Software Engineering
My responsibilities have included overseeing labs as a demonstrator, grading assignments & on some occasions preparing course assignments and grading exams.
- Vanier College (September 2008-August 2012)
My responsibilities included maintaining a cluster of websites and creating customized web applications focusing on efficiency improvement.
- Pratt & Whitney (January 2008-May 2008)
My responsibilities included developing partial in-house web-based software with focus on database script programming (PL/SQL). I also developed and delivered workshops on using survey design software.
- The Effects of Extra-Curricular Involvement on CÉGEP Student Success: A Correlational Study
Spectrum Research Repository (Concordia University) September 2015
Authors: Haritos Kavallos
- Designing To Engage: Design Principles For Blended Learning Communities In Higher Education
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) October 2012
Authors: Stefan Krueger, Emily Sheepy, Haritos Kavallos
- Einstein Deconstructed: Eportfolios for College Science Students
Presented at the Expo-Arte Digital of the 27th Simposio Internacional de Computacion en la Educacion (International Symposium on the use of Information Technology/Computers in Education), Tuxtla Gutierrex, Chiapas, Mexico, October 12-14 (2011)
Authors: Kevin Lenton, Rhys Adams, Haritos Kavallos
- ABQLA – Quebec Library Association
- AACE – Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education
- Board Member, Vanier College Co-op (2018-Present).
- Mentor, Vanier College CRC Robotics Web-Team (2009-Present).
- Staff facilitator & Administrator, Vanier College CRC Robotics Club (2012-2016).
- Vice-President of Media, ISPI Montreal Chapter (2013-2015).
- Planning Committee Member, Montreal based TechnoTalks (2011-2013).
- Greek language courses, St-Nicolas Saturday School (1999-2005).
- Yearbook Editor and Committee Chair, Western Laval High School (2003-2004).
- President, Scouts Canada: St-Simons Blackfoot Ventures (2003-2004).
- Counsellor, Scouts Canada: St-Simons Blackfoot Beavers and Cubs (2002-2004).
- Member, Scouts Canada: St-Simons Blackfoot Troop (1999-2004).
- Swimming Lessons and Lifeguard Courses (not completed) at Centre du Sablon (1996-2003).
Societies & Achievements
- CRC Robotics Competition – Actimania Champions – in my capacity as facilitator and mentor (2015)
- Vanier College Employee Recognition: Front-Line Award for Excellence in Customer Service (2013)
- 1st Place University Case Competition – ISPI Performance Improvement Conference (2013)
- 1st Place student entrepreneurship award – JMSB John Dobson Seed Competition (2012)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Academic Distinction (GPA of 3.4+)
- Golden Key International Honours Society (top 15% academically)
- Concordia University ENCS Dean’s List for achieving an annual GPA of 3.75+ (2011)
- Vanier College Dean’s Honour Roll (2007)